MEET INFO - Our next two swim meets are¬†at HOME¬†
Set-up at 4:15pm
Swimmers need to be at the pool at 4:50 pm.
Broadway‚Äôs warm ups will begin at 5:10 pm.
The meet will begin at 6 pm and conclude no later than 10 pm.
May 31st -June 10th
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Monday through Friday
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† 7:10‚Äď 8:00 pm¬†¬†¬† 10 & under swimmers
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† 8:00 ‚Äď 9:00 pm¬†¬†¬† 11 & over swimmers
¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† AM practices start June 13th
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Monday, Thursday and Friday
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† 8:45 ‚Äď 9:30 am¬†¬†¬† 10 & under swimmers
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† 9:30 ‚Äď 10:30 am¬† 11 & over swimmers
Beginning June 13th
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Evening practices stay the same with the exception of Tuesday night meets
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Morning practices are Monday, Thursday and FridayIf anyone is interested in ordering gear prior to the start of the season so that it will be in hopefully by the first meet, please download the gear form found on this website and mail the form and payment to Fiona Albertson, 220 N Sunset¬†Drive Broadway, VA 22815. Orders will be turned in to the vendor on May 15th, 2016. If you have questions please email Fiona at firstname.lastname@example.org.Team t-shirt designs are due by 6/13 and those orders will be taken through 6/17/16 at the pool.
We will be signing up swimmers from May 1st ¬†until June 15th during practice. Please remember to sign up for volunteer positions and food for concessions via SignUp Genius on-line (links below) ‚ÄďThanks!¬†
- Your coaches: Do as your coaches direct. They are the boss! Your coaches are striving to help you improve and constant interruption or disruptive behavior is only hurting you and our mission.
- Your practice: listen and understand the process of each swim set or drill. Without purpose most of the practice will offer little improvement. During instructions and while your coaches hand is raised, listen and to listen you must be quiet! Arrive on time to practice and have all needed equipment. Make a promise to yourself to ALWAYS do your best at practice.
- The practice of your teammates: You may understand what is coming up and the task at hand but your teammate may not. Interruptions or conduct that draws attention away from the instruction being given by your coach are unacceptable. Broadway swimmers are all on the same journey and that is to improve so respect your teammate‚Äôs practice as much as you respect your own.
- No running on the pool deck.
- No pushing people into the water.
- Only enter the water when told to do so by your coach
- No swimming in the deep end unless supervised and told OK by your coach including being on the diving boards
- No swimmer or any other person may be in the baby pool area during meets or practice
- Feet first entry at all times unless told my your coach to dive
- Follow instruction on how to safely use all equipment (e.g. do not sit on your kickboards)
- Ability to swim 25 m legally
- No foul language
- Swimmers are expected to shake hands with swimmers on either side after each race. This should become a habit.
- After meets, whether home or away, pick up any trash that you see before leaving.
- Remember that you are a member of a team. It is your responsibility to contribute to that team by coming to practices (10 and under strive for 4/week and 11 and over strive for 5 per week). Your team needs EVERY member. It is your responsibility to compete for your team. This includes Champs. THE BROADWAY SHARKS BELIEVE IN COMPETITION! COMPETITION SERVES TO HELP THE INDIVIDUAL REALIZE THEIR GREATEST POTENTIAL. IT IS A CELEBRATION OF SKILL AND EFFORT WHICH HAS BEEN TRAINED AND REWARDED THROUGH PRACTICES AND LEARNING FROM COACHES AND OTHER SWIMMERS. SWIMMERS WHO ADD A BALANCED SCHEDULE OF COMPETITION CONTINUE IN THE SPORT LONGER, CARE MORE ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON IN PRACTICE AND SUPPORT THE EFFORTS OF THEIR TEAMMATES BETTER.
- If you are going to miss a meet due to vacation or other commitment, sign out by THURSDAY prior to that meet and at least 10 days before Champs.
- At meets, be aware of where we are in the meet. If you need help, make certain an adult is there to help you or ask a coach. Stay within the gated area at all times whether home or away. Coaches are too busy to attempt to locate you during meets for your events.
- You will receive a reminder
- You will be asked to sit out of practice for a period of time
- You will be asked to leave practice for the day
- You will be suspended from practice for a certain amount of days depending on the infraction
- You will be asked to leave the team
- Support your swimmer‚Äôs efforts to success
- Promote and model sportsmanlike behavior at all athletic contests
- Assure that your swimmer attends scheduled practices (10 and under at least 4 per week and 11 and over at least 5 per week) and that they compete in ALL scheduled meets.
- Treat ALL coaching staff with dignity and respect
- Be your child‚Äôs biggest fan! Support him or her unconditionally!
- Acknowledge your child‚Äôs effort as well as his or her other team members!
- Support and root for ALL team members. This fosters teamwork.
- Keep summer swimming in perspective! Summer swimming should be fun for you and your child. Highly skilled children and their parents must be especially careful to maintain a balanced view
- Promote the ‚Äúprocess‚ÄĚ and not only on wins or losses. Strive to beat the clock.
- Model good sportsmanship at all times during practices and competition.
- Let other family members and friends who might attend your child‚Äôs meets know what constitutes appropriate and supportive behavior
- Respect for officials and meet personnel (NEVER APPROACH AN OFFICIAL! IF YOU HAVE A QUESITON ABOUT A SWIMMING CALL, PLEASE TALK TO THE HEAD COACH)
- Get involved! Support the program by volunteering in some capacity.
- Do not bribe your child. Remind your child that it is his or her responsibility to the team to participate in practices and meets.
- Encourage your child to practice our dry land drills at home.
- Make certain your child is well rested before competition
- THE BROADWAY SHARKS BELIEVE IN COMPETITION! COMPETITION SERVES TO HELP THE INDIVIDUAL REALIZE THEIR GREATEST POTENTIAL. IT IS A CELEBRATION OF SKILL AND EFFORT WHICH HAS BEEN TRAINED AND REWARDED THROUGH PRACTICES AND LEARNING FROM COACHES AND OTHER SWIMMERS. SWIMMERS WHO ADD A BALANCED SCHEDULE OF COMPETITION CONTINUE IN THE SPORT LONGER, CARE MORE ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON IN PRACTICE AND SUPPORT THE EFFORTS OF THEIR TEAMMATES BETTER.
- Let the coaches do the coaching for all team members.
- Encourage direct communication. If your child is having difficulties encourage him or her to speak directly to the coaches.
- Remind their swimmers and assist if necessary to sign out of swim meets by the Thursday prior to meet day and for Champs 10 days beforehand.
- All communication will be with the head coach ONLY. All concerns involving any WET areas of the program will be handled by the head coach. This will hopefully eliminate any miscommunications or misinterpretations of guidelines and rules. NO concerns will be discussed via e-mail only in face to face meetings and only at a predetermined scheduled time. Please do not approach ANY coaches during practice.
- APPROPRIATE CONCERNS TO DISCUSS:
- Situations involving YOUR child
- Ways to help your child improve
- Your child‚Äôs attitude and work ethic
- Concerns about your child‚Äôs behavior
- ISSUES THAT ARE NOT APPROPRIATE TO DISCUSS:
- Team strategy, including entries and practice organization
- Other swimmers